Thursday, February 20, 2014

Whole Wheat Banana Sour Cream Bread

I found this recipe on Jamie's Recipes so had to try it on the little people.

Anything with banana and chocolate chips is a winner for my three. Plus I love any excuse to use my Kitchenaid mixer that I got for Christmas! :)

Here is the gorgeous view outside my kitchen window tonight... there's nothing like a beautiful sunset! :)



Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
3 ripe bananas, mushed
2 1/2 c whole wheat flour
1 1/4 c brown sugar
2/3 c fat free sour cream
2 eggs, beaten
1/3 c apple sauce
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 c chocolate chips/chunks (optional)

Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.

Mix all ingredients until well mixed.
Pour into greased 9×5 loaf pan.

Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 20 minutes.


Bread is cooked completely when a toothpick or knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Cool completely on wire rack before slicing (1-1 1/2 hours) ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment