Friday, February 21, 2014

Running Fuel

Tomorrow I have a long 30km run planned. I have been researching a lot of fuelling options after last weeks 23km run where I struggled at the end. Last week I was trialing water and jelly beans. I ran out of water a few times which was not good. This week I decided that I will drive near to where I am going to run and do a 6km route, and do that 5 times. Then I can stop at my car every circuit and get a drink of water and some kind of fuel. This way I don't need to carry anything except my iPhone and will focus on endurance.

The fuelling choice I am trying for tomorrow are Clif Shot Bloks. I ended up buying 3 packets (6 shots in each packet = 18 shots) so thinking that should get me through easily enough :) My plan is to have 3 shots every 45 minutes, so I am hoping to do 30km in between 3-3 1/2 hours. If that is the case then I will go through between 12 and 15 shots. :)

I also purchased some Clif Bars - Crunchy Peanut Butter and White Chocolate Macadamia Nut. I heard from the lovely staff at my supplement store they are delicious so I will be trying one out for a snack before my run tomorrow. :)

I also purchased nuun electrolyte enhanced drink tabs so will be using those to keep me going tomorrow in my water bottle.
Anyhow I will update you all on my run after I finish it tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment