Saturday, February 22, 2014

Saturday Morning 30km Run

Today I decided for my LSR I would drive to East Point Reserve and do a 6km loop. I of course didn't measure properly so the first lap was just over 5km, so then I had to add a bit on here and there - hence the hodge lodge course LOL. I ended up having my first Clif Shot Blok after my first 5km and then had one every 15 minutes, and stopped at the car after every 5-6km to get some water/gatorade. I felt this worked great as I had lots of energy. I struggled mentally from about 27km on but that was just because I had to run past the car and finish off the last 3km (miscalculation again!), when my head was saying "Just stop.. 27km is enough"... but thankfully I pushed through!

How gorgeous is this view to run past... even running past it 5 times didn't bore me which was a good change, as my current running routes are getting a bit boring!

After the run when I had guzzled a lot of water and sat in my car in the air con for about 5 minutes I grabbed some supplies from the supermarket. I felt a bit sorry for the other customers as I was super stinky! Joy of sweating in Darwin!! I cooked up for the family a yummy big breakfast with Bruschetta, Bacon, Eggs, Mushroom and Avocado... Delish!! It helped me to restore some strength...



Now my plans for the afternoon are to lie in my hammock and read a book, and maybe have a little nap! :)

1 comment: