Sunday, February 2, 2014

Saturday morning long run

Well Saturday morning arrived and it was insanely wild weather here in Darwin. Lots of rain, wind and just generally nice lying in bed weather... that is for everyone BUT me! I knew I had to get my butt out of bed to get my long run done. Only 5 1/2 weeks til we head off to Europe so I need to get all my long runs in now.

So I bundled up my iPhone in 2 x ziplock bags, put on my hat to shield my face from the pouring rain (so I could see), and set off!

I struggled a fair bit because of the wind - it was against me for a fair while so my time suffered... saying that my goal time was between 6:30 and 6:50/km, and I came in at 6:53, so I am pretty happy with that considering the weather. In reality I just want to be under 7.00/km so I can crack the 5 hour marathon time!

Here are my stats for the big run:



Now to get myself to bed because I have a 5.30am running date with 2 of my lovely running neighbours. We are planning on doing 8km - so will see how we go if the weather is nice to us. Either way I will be running but I just hope there is a break and it's not too wet!

No comments:

Post a Comment