Saturday, February 8, 2014

Paleo Pizza

One thing I really miss on the WLC is Pizza! We used to do Friday night home made pizzas and it has been strange not doing it. Last night we had friends come to visit and decided to do homemade pizza. So then of course I had to find a home made pizza recipe that was WLC compliant. A blog I regularly read is Everyday Paleo. I also have a few of their cookbooks too. Anyhow I was searching for a pizza dough and found an almond dough on that site. So decided to test it out. Here is the link to it on Everyday Paleo and I will list below what I did. Everyday Paleo Pizza.

Ingredients for base:

2 cups almond meal
2 eggs
3 tbsp olive oil
¼ tsp baking soda
1 tsp garlic powder
1 ½ tbsp fresh rosemary chopped

Method for Pizza base:

Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.

I placed all this in the Bellini on speed 4 for 10 seconds.

Lightly grease a pizza tray with olive oil. Place the ball of dough in the center of your pizza tray and using your hands, push and pat the dough down into the shape of a circle. You want to make the dough as thin as possible. Bake JUST the base in your pre-heated oven for 20 minutes.

Toppings:

Capsicum
Pizza sauce (see how I made this below)
Mushrooms
Baby Spinach
Diced bacon
Red Onions


For the Pizza sauce - combine:

Small can of tomato paste,
1/2 cup diced tomatoes
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp garlic powder

While your base is cooking, prepare your toppings. After the base is done, remove from the oven and evenly spread the pizza sauce over the base. Add the diced bacon and all remaining toppings evenly over the sauce and bake again for an additional 25-30 minutes. Use whatever toppings you like.

Next time I think I might try a pizza with avocado and salmon - to try something different! I only used what I had in the fridge and while it was delicious it definitely will be better next time. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment