Saturday, February 15, 2014

Saturday morning LSR - 23km

This morning I had a 26-27km LSR planned. My goal was to do it under 7/min kms. I wasn't counting on my sunburn which is quite tight and sore (which is now all little blisters on on my shoulders - see pictures below)! I was feeling pretty comfortable all up but at 20km I knew I had to leg it back home because I was burning up on my shoulders..

I wore my Nathan Running belt with 2 10 oz bottles of water, and jelly beans as my choice of fuel. I am still not 100% sure what I will use in the marathon, but the jelly beans did seem to work. I do need to do a bit more research. I definitely need more water than the 2 x 10 oz bottles as I went through them this morning and had to refill both of them once out there! I know in the marathon there will be plenty of drink stations but I really didn't want to have to stop. I guess I'm going to have to. I am thinking of having gatorade in them in the marathon so that I can get a bit of a boost.

I was a little below pace but all in all I would still make the marathon around my goal time, so all good :) Here are the stats below:


So note to self - wear sunscreen!!




No comments:

Post a Comment