Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Running plans in Europe!

Only 3 weeks until we head overseas and I can't wait!!!

I have been looking at running routes so I can make sure I get my runs in. We are arriving into London on Thursday night so Friday morning as long as I am not too tired I am planning on doing the below run (as we are staying right near Hyde Park).. I want to do the 7km route on the Friday:


On the Saturday I am going to do 22km, so will do the full route twice. I will be out nice and early so I am home by 8.30am ready to head out sightseeing and catching up with an old friend Lindsay who lives in Lancashire and is coming down with her family to see us. I haven't seen her since 2003 - so a long time!!:)

Then I've been looking at when we get to Northern Ireland. We are staying in the countryside about 30 miles from Belfast for 4 days (over St Paddy's Day - so no running then obviously), so I have been looking at ideas. There is a Park Run in Lisburn but we unfortunately won't be there on a Saturday. I think I might run the Park Run route though one of the mornings twice to get a good 10km run in.

I am going to attempt to stick to my current running plan while we are travelling, even if it's just a quick 5km run so that I can stretch my legs. So that is 3 x 5-10km runs a week, and 1 x long run a week. So only 4 runs all together per week. I do need to make sure I get the long runs in during the holiday.. so if I manage the 22km in London, then I will be right to fit 2 more long ones in - probably in Dublin, and Rome/Venice. :) I am looking forward to running through those glorious cities and taking lots of pictures.. I am not going to concern myself with time.. more just getting my legs moving and enjoying the experience.

I will update though with my runs when I get them done and how hard it was to fit in.


No comments:

Post a Comment