Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Freezer Audit!

Since we are heading overseas in 16 days (YES 16 DAYS!!!!!) I thought I'd better do a quick freezer audit so we can try to eat up as much of the meat as possible. Here is what I found in our freezer...

Chicken Marylands x 600g x 3 packets (1.8kg total)
Chicken Breasts x 600g x 4 packets (2.4kg total)
Chicken Breasts x 500g x 3 packets (1.5kg total)
Chicken Breasts x 400g
Chicken Thighs x 1.2kg
Eye Fillet Steak x 400g x 2 packets (4 fillets total = 200g per fillet)
Beef Blade Steak x 600g x 2 packets (1.2kg total)
Leg Schnitzel x 200g
Lean mince x 500g
Chilli Sausages x 600g
Shortcut bacon x 500g x 2 (1kg total)
Shortcut bacon x 200g x 2 (400g total)

As you can see we have a LOT of meat to eat up.. and that is just in our normal fridge freezer.. I haven't even looked in our chest freezer downstairs!!

So my mission tonight is to do a menu plan up and eat up a lot of it. I really hate wasting food so want to make sure there isn't too much left here while we are away in case of power outages etc.

Anyone have any idea of what we can cook up with the above meat??

I am a bit out of ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment