Saturday, March 8, 2014

No excuses!

A lovely man I know passed away last week. He is the father of my two best friends and a very dear man to me.

I was fortunate enough to be able to jump on a plane yesterday (well 2 planes) back home to Newcastle so that I could attend his funeral and wake this morning. It was quite sad of course, but was also lovely to celebrate the life of a truly wonderful man. It was lovely to see my friends and all their family as well. I also got to catch up very briefly with my sis Rebecca who I haven't seen for a few months and she very kindly drove me back to the airport after the wake.

When I woke up at my friends house this morning I knew I had to go for a run or I would feel terrible. So I put on my running gear and pounded the pavement around their neighbourhood. It was actually quite a lovely run, and I felt fantastic after. There were a few crazy hills which I think was one of the reasons for my slower time but all in all I was pretty happy to get out there since I didn't get in til 9pm last night, and was asleep closer to midnight.

Here are the details:



I was pretty happy I ran as in the past I would have just decided it was too hard to run this morning. So my mind is definitely in the game!!

Now to figure out when I can fit in my long run before we fly out. I need to do between 30-35km so think I might try to do that on Monday or Tuesday morning and run from work around the neighbourhood and do a few loops. It might work... we will see!

Off I go on the plane! I am flying first to Melbourne and I have a few hours there so I will be finding a comfy chair and a power point and playing on my computer i think! Thank god for technology! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment