Sunday, March 2, 2014

Friends

I have been so blessed to meet some beautiful girls who have become close friends since I've been in Darwin. I have quite a few amazing friends who I have known for years and know they're always there for me (especially my amazing friends who are like my sisters Belinda & Leanne, who I have been best buddies with since we were 12! and who my children absolutely adore so much they call them Aunty Bea & Aunty Lea) - but unfortunately they don't live in Darwin! When we found out we were moving to Darwin I realised it was the first move where I didn't know a soul at the new location! So the fact that I have found these girls has been fantastic. I do have some other lovely friends up here too - a few who live near me, and a few who I originally met through the school, so all in all Darwin has been very kind to me.

So here are the lovely trio with me last weekend for Kate's Hens night. I am on the left in the black and white dress - in case I look different because other photos on the blog of me are usually sweaty post-run, then next to me is Kate, Kylie and Emma.



We are all Mums and have fantastic partners.. soon to all have husbands when Kate gets married in a week! She is doing a "destination wedding" so unfortunately we can't be there (we will be prepping for our holiday), but I know she'll have a blast. Emma is going along which is fantastic for her and her family to chill out in a tropical locale and attend a beautiful wedding. I am a bit of a romantic so I just love weddings.

So the point of this post is that today I went out for breakfast with Kate, Emma, Kylie and another beautiful friend of mine Cyn who I have known for quite a few years and who lives 3 hours from us, and at breakfast as well was everyones husbands/partners/children - so was quite a big affair (9 children all together). I so wish Cyn lived in Darwin too but unfortunately she doesn't. We are very lucky that we do see her a lot.. and this weekend was no different so we asked her and Adam along to join us for breakfast.

I was blown away when Kate, Emma & Kylie presented me with a gift to celebrate running my first marathon.... Such beautiful girls!! Here it is:



I can't wait to wear it when I am running from now on.... if I feel tired or sore or just over it I will channel it and think of my friends who have every confidence that I can do this!!! I adore the Eiffel Tour (which the girls know), so just love it.

If you are reading this, thanks lovelies! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment