Sunday, March 16, 2014

European Adventure - Day 4 - Travelling from London to Northern Ireland

I woke super early and got up to start getting organised for us to travel to Northern Ireland and leave London behind. I was a little sad, as I just love London. I know I will be back someday (hopefully sooner rather than later), to soak even more of the gorgeous city in! :)

I thought I'd share some pics of our accommodation in London. We booked this via Airbnb and were quite impressed. :)



Our transfer driver picked us up at 8am and drove us to Gatwick. It took us just under an hour to get there which wasn't too bad.

We then waited around for 3 hours (we always get there early just in case!), and then boarded our Easyjet flight to Belfast. It was a great flight and I would happily fly with Easyjet again. :)



After arriving in Belfast we picked up our hire car (a very impressive Mercedez Benz which only had 12 miles on the clock!), and tried to find a store to buy a GPS! This proved difficult but after a little bit of searching we managed to purchase a Tomtom. :) We then ventured to find our accommodation which is a renovated barn in the middle of the sticks. I will post more pics of it later but here are a few:



After quickly checking into our accommodation we then headed out to meet up with our extended family at Lurgan Golf Club for dinner. This was fantastic! :) We felt so welcome and so at home. :) I unfortunately didn't use my camera - but have a few that I have managed to snag off BJ's Uncles FB wall. I will get some other copies of pics off BJ's cousin Katrina when she gets a chance! I know she took plenty of shots :)



After dinner we headed back to the Barn to crash. I was driving and I tell you driving an automatic car when the wipers, indicators etc are on the WRONG side of the car = a bit stressful when it's dark and they are narrow country lanes.. I made it though and loved it even though it did freak me out a bit. LOL :)

No comments:

Post a Comment