Friday, March 28, 2014

European Adventure - Day 15 - Pisa / Florence

Today we were up really early so we could get the 757 am train to Pisa. We had issues with taxis so ended up getting 2 separate ones to the Termini. We managed to find the train platform we needed (despite having to pay a girl 5 euro for giving us directions... bloody extortionists!). The train was fantastic - it was a Trenitalia train. We were in the second class compartment and the tickets were only 9 euro each, which is a bargain for an almost 3 hour train trip. The train had power plug points for charging and a little table in between the seats. The only negative was there was a whole class of teenagers in our carriage... so you can imagine the noise and drama associated with 40 italian teenagers! LOL



We arrived in Pisa at 10.45am and straight away caught a taxi to the tower (after dropping our bags at the Left Luggage counter at the station).



After Pisa we caught the train to my favourite Italian City - Florence. :) I was so excited to be on our way here, and it definitely lived up to my memories... I love it!



Tomorrow morning I am planning to run to the top of Piazzale Michelangelo so I can take some panoramic pics of Florence. It should be good to stretch my legs out up on the way there too! :)

We are catching the train to Venice tomorrow afternoon which we are very excited about. I can't wait to see the kids faces when they are on their first gondola ride. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment