Wednesday, March 26, 2014

European Adventure - Day 13 - Rome

This morning I got up really early and went for a run around Rome. I just went down the river and along to Castel Sant'Angelo and then cut through to Piazza Navona, and then back to our apartment. I wasn't really confident in my navigation skills so didn't want to go too far afield. It was only 3km, and after walking nearly 10km today and lots of steps, I'm kinda glad! I did stop a lot this morning to take pictures so my time was super slow.. but it's all good! Tomorrow morning I am planning on doing a 10km run along the river and back, so I'll see how I go! :)




Yummy breakfast at Piazza Campo Dè Fiori. Croissants and hot chocolate for the kids, and toasted ham & cheese sandwiches and hot chocolate / latte for BJ and I. The hot chocolate was just amazing.



After breakfast we started walking around Rome. It was just amazing to be back here. First off was to the Mouth of Truth at the Santa Maria in Cosmedin Church near the Roman Forum. Ever since I watched Roman Holiday with Audrey Hepburn I have wanted to visit the Mouth of Truth. :) Then we headed to Palatine Hill where we bought our tickets for Roman Forum / Palatine Hill / Colosseum. The queue was tiny and so much better than buying from Colosseum. Thanks to our beautiful friends Cyn & Adam for telling us that secret.. when we got to the Colosseum the queue at least 2 hours long, whereas it took us 5 minutes to get tickets at Palatine Hill. So very impressed - and so good with young kids who aren't terribly patient!!




We went out to a restaurant called Osteria Da Fortunata which was absolutely delicious!!! Even Keenan who isn't a big pasta fan was a fan of his ravioli. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment