Friday, January 31, 2014

Rain!

Well the rain just won't leave Darwin!! I shouldn't be negative as the rain is gorgeous, but it is hampering my marathon training. I run early in the morning and I don't feel terribly safe running when it's really dark and raining. Yesterday I had the need to run so I went to the gym instead to do an 8km run. I felt great - just a twinge in my left ankle, and my right hip.. which I will go and see a physiotherapist about... so hope it's nothing bad!



Here is a race calculator that is telling me if I do my 8km at the pace I did yesterday I should finish the marathon around 4:30 - which is my goal... I am not so sure I can keep that pace up but will see! My main goal is under 5 hours - as I am trying to be realistic.. so we will see!

This is quite interesting to see... so I will report back on my actual time compared to the comparison!

Now I'm off to do a 5km run/walk with some colleagues.. in the rain! A great way to start the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment