Monday, January 27, 2014

The Wholelife Challenge

After a lot of research we decided to undertake the Wholelife Challenge which started on 11 January. This post is a little late (as I was a little late organising my blog).. but I would love to share how we are going with it, and why we decided to do it!

Here is a blurb I found about it:

The Whole Life Challenge is an 8-week health and fitness game designed for you to see what kind of impact you can have on your body, fitness, and lifestyle if you commit yourself to a specific structure. There are three categories for the game - Performance Results, Physical Results, and Lifestyle and Accountability. This is not just a “change your body” challenge. It is a “who you are” challenge! Nutrition, workouts, mobilization, supplements, daily accounting, community engagement -- if you play all out you won’t believe the results you can get!

The Rules
How Points Work
What can I eat? WLC Nutrition Levels Detailed Chart




The main reason we wanted to do the Wholelife Challenge is to be healthier. B and I were both feeling very bloated, unhealthy and just wanted to feel better. In the past I have cooked a lot of paleo recipes and always loved them, so knew it was achievable. We also wanted our children to recognise that eating well doesn't mean eating junk food! Yes we allow them to eat McDonalds, KFC etc every now and then but want it to become a sometimes food more than a weekly food. We wanted to get out of the rut that we were in. It doesn't hurt with the motivation that I signed up for the Paris Marathon and know I need to be in tip top condition to complete it. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment