Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pawpaw, Raspberry, Passionfruit, Mango, Kiwi Fruit & Banana Smoothie

Mr A has a love of pawpaw. Personally I am not a fan.. but since he loves them we recently bought an enormous one from our local health food store - Greenies. Since we weren't going to eat it all in one go we froze most of it - which made it perfect for smoothies. This morning A & K were in the mood for a smoothie, so they decided what they wanted to be in it... and it was:

Ingredients
Frozen Pawpaw (approx 2 cup)
Frozen Raspberries (approx 2 cup)
Frozen mango (approx 1 cup)
1 x fresh banana
1 x fresh kiwi fruit
1 x fresh passionfruit
2C of sparkling mineral water

I purchased a Bellini Intelli just before Christmas. It is basically a wannabe Thermomix (I'm still dreaming of a Thermomix.. but until I can talk B into it my Bellini will suffice!)... anyhow my Bellini is perfect for Smoothies and making a lot of things from scratch. The timings are similar to that of a Thermomix - just a bit longer for some things.. so if you find something you want to try and you have a Thermomix please adapt where required.

Method:
I put all the fruit in the Bellini, and 1C of the sparkling mineral. I blended on Speed 8 for 30 seconds until it resembled sorbet. Then I added the other 1C of sparkling water and blended on Speed 8 for another 20 seconds. Then I served it up. The boys said it was delicious and drank it all down in just a few minutes. I always like making smoothies with water - they are very nutritious and taste fantastic, and you don't even realise it has water in it. :-)

Here we have the boys with their smoothies. They were quite happy. K still has his Aussie tattoos from the Aussie Day walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment