Monday, January 27, 2014

Planning for Europe

Ever since we decided our big holiday for 2014 was going to be in Europe I have been frantically planning and trying to make sure I have ticked all the boxes off!

I thought I'd share our itinerary and what I have organised so far.

We have the following:

3 nights - London and catching up with a beautiful old friend of mine, who was my penpal when I was a teenager. So amazing we are still friends - some 20+ years later! We have booked the Hop On & Off Bus and London Tower tour. We are still trying to decide whether to book the London Eye. We have done the Singapore Flyer, so they're basically the same... but then we will be in London so the view would be incredible!!
4 nights - Northern Ireland - mainly catching up with family and hopefully getting to the Giant's Causeway and around Northern Ireland to explore.
5 nights - Driving from Northern Ireland to Dublin via the main sights - Cliffs of Moher, Ring of Kerry, The Burren, Blarney Castle, Powerscourt Castle (from The Count of Monte Cristo movie), Avoca (where Ballykissangel was filmed), and of course Dublin.
3 nights - Rome - usual sights - Colosseum, Roman Forum, Vatican, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain etc.
1 night - Florence - we are only here briefly, however, I was quite excited to realise we are only 50 metres from the main market where you can get lots of amazing things. I can see myself popping back here on my own after dinner when B is over looking! I love just trawling the markets. I went to Florence in 2002 and just loved it, so no doubt will be thrilled to be back!!
3 nights - Venice - mainly the tourist traps - Gondola ride (the children are so excited), we want to wander around and get lost, and go on a day trip to Burano and Murano (if I've spelt them correctly), to check out the other side of Venice.
3 nights - Wengen - Hoping to catch the train to the top of the mountain to Jungfraujoch. Also hoping to go sledding and just catch the trains about and explore. Hoping to do a bit of hiking too if it isn't too cold/wet/snowy!
5 nights - Paris - Going to be so busy in Paris. Disneyland, Eiffel Tour, Hop on Hop Off Bus, and of course the pinnacle of the trip for me - the Paris Marathon!!
2 nights - Kuala Lumpur - on the way home we are stopping in KL. Planning on doing the petronis tower sky walk, and also the stairs up to the buddah?? I need to research this more. We arrive into KL at 0600 so hoping to keep busy all day so that we can just crash and sleep in the night and get a good full nights sleep, and try to un-jetlag ourselves!
That is our planning so far.

I am also trying to plan in all my running training so that has been interesting that is for sure!!

If you have any suggestions please let me know! I will be back soon with exact info of what we have planned in each city! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment