Sunday, January 26, 2014

Paris Marathon!

One day in November 2013 when I was browsing the net I came upon a running blog and the blogger had written all about running in the Paris Marathon that year. As I looked at the photos I thought OMG that would be just amazing. I looked at the date of the marathon and wondered if it was going to be around the same date in 2014, because if it was then I would be there.. and maybe I could do it!! Needless to say I researched and yes it is on when we are there. We will be travelling through Europe for 4 weeks and the Marathon is on our second last day.... talk about a sign!! I spoke to my husband (he rolled his eyes but agreed if I wanted to do it then I should just do it), and I signed up!! I immediately found a running program on Runkeeper.com and starting thinking seriously about what I would need to do to accomplish this goal. I thought I'd share some inspiring photos from different websites that have spurred me on - especially at 5am when I really don't want to get up... but I do because I want to finish and know that it will be amazing when I do.. ;-)




I especially love this guy - I seriously hope they had a relay so he didn't have to carry it himself for the full 42.2km.


And final picture.... running with the Eiffel tour in the distance - I don't need to say anything else!



So I hope you'll stick around and see all about my training and experiences in Paris and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment