Monday, June 2, 2014

NT City to Surf 2014

My close friend Cynthia and I decided to run the NT City to Surf on Sunday. We have thought about doing it for a few years but we have never managed to get there.. so were stoked to get there this year! :)

It is a 12.4km course and was a fantastic run. There were two hills - one at Darwin High, and the other at Fannie Bay outside the Trailer Boat Club. We both managed to run up both hills and only stop briefly to grab water at the drink stops. My goal was to do under 6min/km, and I did 6.01min/km - so pretty close! I was stoked though with that! :)



The kids have been doing a program at school called Marathon for Kids where they have run 41km over the last 8 weeks at school - so split up between 1-2km each day around the oval. This program culminated with them running the final km at the NT City to Surf. Cyn and I were stoked to finish and have a chance to get a drink and cool down a little before the kids finished, so we could get some pictures and cheer them on!

No comments:

Post a Comment