Monday, June 16, 2014

Half Marathon Training - Week 3 long run

I can't believe I have completed the end of Week 3 of the Half Marathon training.. I must admit I haven't been thinking too much about the Half Marathon coming up.. I have been doing my runs but not really with all that much effort!! This will all change at the end of Week 4 when I am on leave from work for 4 weeks and can focus on training and diet a lot more. I have lots of plans for the holidays - mainly to keep the children busy and will be sharing those in the next week or so. I am also going to be testing out lots of Thermomix recipes.

Yesterday I did my 15km long run and it wasn't too bad. It was pretty windy and my time was a bit slower than I like (a bit of walking here and there!), but all in all I am pretty happy with it! :)




Here is this week's exercise plan:

Tuesday: 5km run with bootcamp
Wednesday: 2 x 10 min HIIT treadmill run (goal to get as close to 2km in each 10 min)
Thursday: Work fitness test instead of 5km run. So will be doing 45 sit-ups, 8 pushups and 2.4km run.
Friday: Work 5km run/walk
Saturday: 5km ParkRun plus 4km return walk to and from ParkRun
Sunday: 16km Run

I will report back in later this week with what my plans are for the holidays!

4 weeks of fun coming up! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment