Monday, June 2, 2014

Darwin Half Marathon Training Plan

Darwin Half Marathon is coming up just around the corner. I am quite excited as it is one event I have wanted to do ever since we moved to Darwin back in 2011.. Back then I wasn't terribly fit though so it was a bit of a pipe dream. This year is the year for me to achieve this goal.

I have been searching for a good program for the next 7-ish weeks as I know I can run the distance (maybe with a little walking), but I want to be a bit more prepared. :)

I found this great program and thought with finishing the City to Surf yesterday it worked perfectly.. as that 12km is perfect for my first weeks long run... and means I am now onto Week 2. :)



This program looks very doable and I am loving the HIIT training.. my goal is to do Tuesday & Wednesday on the treadmill and the other runs outside. The Saturday runs I will do with Park Run and the days that it is longer than 5km I will just add a few kms onto the day. :)

I will keep reporting on my progress!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment