Thursday, April 3, 2014

Running in Paris

This morning I had a route planned out so I could make the most of my last run before the marathon. The plan was to do as below:



I did similar but since the sun wasn't due to rise until close to 7.30am I knew I didn't have much time, and I knew I wanted to take lots of photos. I left home at around 7am - so it wasn't too dark, and ran straight to the Notre Dame and took some pics, then went to the Lovelock bridge to take some photos, and ran back home via the Louvre. All up it was 5km and was a lovely run. I am getting a bit nervous now about the marathon but should be all good - I just keep reminding myself I CAN walk if I have to. I am doing this because I love running, and I love Paris - I am not going to cause myself serious injury or try to smash myself when I am well aware of my abilities. I also have to remind myself we have been travelling for 3 weeks with no break and haven't been eating the best so my prep hasn't been ideal. I did all I could before we left on our holiday to prepare my body and get my feet in the right condition, so let's hope it all falls into place!

Here are photos from today's run:

No comments:

Post a Comment