Thursday, April 10, 2014

European Adventures - Day 29 - Home Sweet Home!

We are home!

We arrived home at 5.30am - which was pretty quickly through customs / passport control. Unfortunately though when I walked in the door the first thing I saw was creepy crawlies.. joy of living in the tropics. I straight away started cleaning out the kitchen - washing all dishes and killed all bugs. Then I thought I may as well re-arrange the cupboards LOL. BJ went to bed and the kids stayed up with me watching TV (i have no idea how as they were tired). I had a grocery delivery booked between 7.30 and 10.30am so had to stay up! The groceries finally arrived at 10am so as soon as they were put away in my sparkling clean (bug free) kitchen I headed to bed. The boys were still awake, as was Izzy so they were playing with their iPads and watching TV.

I woke at 4pm and the boys apparently went to bed just after I did and slept almost as long. I woke to find Isabel asleep on the lounge room rug!

Anyhow we are stoked to be home, and to get back into our normal routine. I have a lot of plans for the rest of the year so will be sharing them as well as lots of recipes (as I want to get right back into cooking) over the next few weeks.

Here was the gorgeous view I came to when I walked onto my balcony this morning:

No comments:

Post a Comment