Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Planning for the rest of the year...

I am feeling so exhilarated after running in Paris I just want to do it again and again.. not realistic but I would love to! So while the rest of the family sleeps the day away here in our hotel room in Kuala Lumpur I thought i'd write a post about my plans for the year running wise! :)

Definite:

11 May - Mothers Day Classic - 8km
1 June - NT City to Surf - 14km
5 July - Sportsco Road Race Series - 10km
20 July - Sportsco Road Race Series - Half Marathon

Maybe:

21 Sep - Sydney Running Festival - Half Marathon or Full Marathon (edging towards full if I do it)
9 Nov - Great Barrier Reef Marathon - Full Marathon

I am going to keep up with my Park Runs every Saturday - probably having this Sat off though and will be back there as of 19 April. I love where I live but one massive negative is the lack of events throughout the year. If we were in any other City there would be events every weekend or second weekend. If we move at the end of the year (highly likely), then I will be sussing out our new location's events as soon as we know where we are going!!

The Great Barrier Reef Marathon would be just incredible. I just spent a few hours researching it and flights to and from Cairns from Darwin, and including accommodation I could manage it all for around $500 for the weekend.. so completely doable. Will all depend on our end of year plans though.. as November is cutting it a bit close! I will definitely keep it in mind though as it would be just gorgeous! :)

I am also considering jointing the Darwin Runners and Walkers club as they have weekly runs and it could be a nice way to get out there... will see how I go with the kids activities.. i think it would be nice for them to tag along, and might help us as a family to do a bit more exercise!

No comments:

Post a Comment