Saturday, January 10, 2015

Run 2015 in 2015!

As you all know I can get a little bit crazy about fitness and when I commit to a challenge I go into it head first. So just before New Years Keenan and I found a challenge called "Run 2015 (miles) in 2015" by Run The Edge. Even though it says "Run" in the title it actually includes walking too (thank goodness), so Keenan and I decided to commit to the challenge along with my friend Cynthia - and we will be doing it via distance as Cynthia is in Australia! 2015 miles equates to 3242.83km which as a team of three works out to just under 3km each per day. Obviously at the moment I am quite tired and sore so haven't logged any distance yet - but Keenan and I are planning on heading out for a walk today to get it started. Cynthia has already done a fair bit of walking/running so will hopefully have us a little ahead! I know after bub arrives I will be walking my heart out so will have no issues getting the kms in and the kilos off! :-)



If you see the options above we are a "Three Amigos" team! We don't log the first lot of kms until the end of January when we also register our team name, so have a little while to go and need to figure out a good team name! :-)

I like the idea of having staggered distances for each team member as Cynthia will be able to log more distances initially as she is very fit and active and not nearly 9 months pregnant, and once I am back fit and healthy I will be able to log a fair few and Keenan can log distance when he get a chance around school and his commitments. I like that Keenan won't feel pressured by having anything set in stone! Saying that Keenan is super keen so would be happy to do big walks / jogs every day - I am just too tired! :-)

So if you want to join in to the challenge please head to RunTheEdge which is at http://www.runtheedge.com/2014/12/run-2015-in-2015-challenge/ and sign up!

I will be tracking all our walks here on the blog and have a counter that I will update at the end of each month with our teams kms to hopefully keep us on track! :)

Keenan and I are going to do our first walk this morning, so I will be back later to post the details! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment