Friday, December 19, 2014

30 Weeks!

Baby growth:
Baby Murray is now the size of a large cabbage! Measuring about 40 cm and weighs about 1.4kg..

Total weight gain/loss:

I was weighed at the obstetrician appointment this week and I am 14kg up - so now time to start trying to be a bit more careful with what I eat!

Maternity clothes?
As previous - Yes!

Stretch marks?
As previous - Yes!

Sleep:
Finding it hard to fall asleep, and little bub likes to kick at night when I am trying to sleep.

What I miss:
Nothing much at the moment.

Movement:
Lots of movement!

Exercise this week:
Some walking and have been doing some stretching / yoga as I have a really sore back and sore ribs from little bub's feet!

Food cravings:
Craving mango so going to try to get some from the market this weekend.

Have you started to show yet:
Most definitely - no disguising this pregnancy!

Gender:
Boy!

Questions or concerns this weeks:
No real questions or concerns. I did go to meet my obstetrician on Tuesday with the kids and checked out Island Hospital. It was lovely and the Obstetrician was really nice. He did confirm I will be having a caesarean which I was a little disappointed with, but it is good to be able to book it in around BJ, as he has a lot of work trips planned early in the year. He will have 2 weeks off when I have the baby so that is good to know. Caesarean is likely to be when I am 37-38 weeks pregnant, so that sounds scary as it isn't that far away! I can't wait to meet my newest little man. I will be in hospital for a week and BJ and the other children are only allowed to visit in visiting hours (except for when bub is born when BJ is allowed to be in there with me thank goodness). So it is very different to Australia where BJ was with me the majority of the time for the previous pregnancies. I will make sure I have my computer, phone and books to read as 5 days in hospital with a newborn equals lots of time with not much to do when they are asleep. Over here they also prefer the baby to sleep in the nursery and they just bring the baby to you for feeding, but I will be requesting he is with me and if I am really tired and desperate for sleep only then I will probably allow them to take him to the nursery. I will see how I go though! I think I will just be happy to gaze at him!

I do need to buy a change mat for our baby change table, some linen for the bassinet and a baby sling / wrap for when bub is brand new. I am still searching for what I want so hopefully will make up my mind soon. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment