Tuesday, August 12, 2014

WE ARE PREGNANT

Guess what?!

We are pregnant!

It was a big shock as we definitely were not planning on having another.. We are getting used to the idea and I am getting quite excited with starting to make plans! :)


How far along:
12 weeks

Baby growth:
Baby was 5.5 cms long on the scan and measuring perfectly.
Baby is the same size as a ripe plum! :)

Symptoms:
I am constantly tired and have all day nausea. I have been ill a few times this week - hopefully it's on its way out.

Total weight gain/loss:
I've gained around 4kg. I am trying to limit the gain from now on by doing more exercise and eating better. So will see how I go! :)

Maternity clothes?
I have bought a batch of clothes from Target and ASOS. ASOS I love especially.
I am still in most of my regular clothes - but it's all getting tighter. I think I'll swap to looser shorts and singlets and go for the comfort factor. My work uniform is pretty tight and I will be in the maternity version in the next few weeks.

Stretch marks?
Unfortunately inevitable after having twins first up, but no new ones yet!

Sleep:
I have been sleeping ok once I get to sleep! Some nights I lie awake til midnight and end up reading! :) On the weekends I have been enjoying lots of naps.

What I miss:
Poached eggs! Saying that the thought of it makes me feel sick but I do love them!

Movement:
None so far.

Exercise this week:
Not as much as I'd like. Planning on walking/running 5-7km in the morning from Tuesday to Friday, and then jogging/walking Park Run with my little man Keenan on Saturday morning.

Food cravings:
Lots of Fruit - bananas, berries, grapes. Also have been eating a fair bit of avocado on toast which I just love. I could eat that constantly! :)

Have you started to show yet:
Yes, there is definitely a bump and people have noticed for sure.. Before announcing I just mentioned I had been eating a bit of chocolate lol and not exercising as much - since I was exercising like a maniac before!.

Gender:
No idea - will know at our next scan which will be towards the end of September, can't wait!

Questions or concerns this weeks:
Nothing!

Baby Buys:
I did buy these gorgeous little girl baby outfits as they were cheap ($4 each). If I happen to have a boy I will give them to a friend who is having a girl a little before me! :) I did call into a local baby shop today to have a look and will be heading back on the weekend with Isabel to put on a big lay-by.


Thanks for visiting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment