Saturday, August 30, 2014

14 WEEKS



How far along:
14 weeks

Baby growth:
Baby is 9 cms long and according to the internet the size of a lemon! :)

Symptoms:
I have been taking maxalon and feeling a little better. It does come and go though!

Total weight gain/loss:
I went to the hospital for my check in appt this week and I was weighed and I am up to 73.9kg, so 5.9kg up! So not too happy with those scales! I am aiming for 10-15kg all up, so have to start pulling back on my excess food and start walking a bit more.

Maternity clothes?
Wearing them non stop as well as old bigger clothes. Nice and comfortable!

Stretch marks?
See previous weeks comments - since it's baby no. 4 no chance of escaping!

Sleep:
Finding it really hard to sleep at the moment... very tired!

What I miss:
Smoked Salmon and poached eggs... they used to be my weekend breakfast!

Movement:
I have felt little "bubbles" which upon researching appears to be baby movement.. I am just waiting to feel that first little kick! Hopefully in a few weeks!

Exercise this week:
I did a few times this week - but not as much as I would like!

Food cravings:
Bacon and Subway.. and hot chocolate! I have been eating a fair bit of fruit which is good and helps to take my sweet cravings away.

Have you started to show yet:
Definitely!

Gender:
No idea - will know at our next scan which has been changed to 24 September, I can't wait!

Questions or concerns this weeks:
Nothing!

Baby Buys:
The big kids and I went shopping to Target today and I put on a big baby lay-by and it included:

2 x newborn cream swaddles which I love - as my babies are always houdinis.. so this should prevent that!!

This playmat was a bargain at only $59! :-) It's super cute and has everything I was looking for in a playmat.

Rainforest Vibrating Bouncer - I had similar with the other 3 kids and they loved them, so hope it will be as good. I am also going to get a swing as well.

Video Monitor - I have been sussing these out and thought this was a pretty good price at $149.


Newborn bath support - always need these for when bubs is little!

I also included in the lay-by some bamboo face washers, a few hooded towels and some plain white singlets and bodysuits.

I have been playing with my new pram (which is a Bugaboo Cameleon which my lovely friend Katrina has had for 2 kids and is in as new condition!) which I picked up yesterday and I am loving figuring out all the intricacies of it. I am researching which capsule to get for it. I am also still researching cots and change tables / cot changing tops, as we are not sure yet what we are going to do. I do know I want all white furniture so will keep searching! Today at Target I just loved looking at all the little baby clothes, and Isabel was desperate to buy some girl baby clothes but I reminded her it could be a boy and we weren't buying anything pink or blue until we know!

1 comment: