Saturday, July 5, 2014

Stretching the legs and watching Rio 2!

I have had a few weeks of little activity as I have been a little under the weather, I still have a sore foot and it has been school holidays so I've been focusing on the kids. I have been feeling better health wise and my foot while still sore is ok, so thought I'd get out this morning and test it out. I felt great, and will be trying to up my kms again to average 5km per run. I am not looking to do any longer runs at the moment - just really run for enjoyment and to keep my weight in check! I have noticed I am very bloated and that is not good - and obviously a major reason is because I have been lazy, and of course when I am lazy I eat for comfort, and then it is a very vicious cycle!

So on top of exercising this morning I also got back onto myfitnesspal and my goal is to record everything I eat over the next month or so to get me back on track.

Here is today's details. I was a bit slower than normal but really just wanted to stretch my legs. It was a gorgeous day. I started off with a gorgeous fruit salad for breakfast. I always find if I have a nice healthy breakfast that I am off to the best kind of start. :)



After devouring breakfast I headed out to stretch my legs. It was a lovely 19 or so minutes (well a bit more with a warm up and cool down walk), and was lovely to run around where I live when it is so nice and quiet.



After the run I headed home and chilled out a bit before we decided to set out for the day. On the agenda was a trip to our local large shopping centre, lunch and a movie - Rio 2. The kids were quite excited to be watching this movie, and mostly to be able to spend some of their well earned chore money. Their Aunts (well my best friends of over 20 years - so their honorary aunts, and their Mum who is like my second Mum), are visiting so they spoiled the kids by buying them a new outfit and something from the shop, so they ended up not needing to spend any of their chore money, which made them quite pleased. The kids had Subway for lunch (which amazingly always wins there over McDonalds), and I had Sumo Salad which I just love. I had the Peri Peri Wrap which while a few more calories then I usually would have is worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment