Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Our new addition - Declan Hamish

Well time certainly flies when you have a newborn in the house!! I thought I had better make time to update on the arrival of our newest little family member.

On Tuesday 10 February I delivered Declan Hamish via caesarean section at Island Hospital here in Penang. The surgery went really well and now, 8 days later, I am feeling fantastic. I have the occasional twinge but apart from that I am all good.

I ended up staying in hospital for 3 nights and we left hospital at around 11am on Friday morning. My obstetrician, Dr Narinder Singh Shaden, was absolutely fantastic and I highly recommend.

The staff at Island Hospital were lovely too. It was a bit difficult at times with the language difficulties but they tried really hard to make sure they helped me with whatever I needed, and there was no pressure or stress. Malaysian people really are very loving and gentle, and the nurses just loved having Declan there as they thought he was very cute. I guess western babies are a bit of a novelty!

Declan is sleeping quite well and feeding well - 2-3 hours been feeds, and sleeping up to 3 hours in a row at night. We have had a few big nights and he loves his milk. I have been managing to keep up with his feeds and am really enjoying breastfeeding. I think the fact he is my fourth baby I am more relaxed and this is reflected in him being pretty chilled.

Here are some pictures of our gorgeous little guy:


With his big sister and brothers - who already adore him.


With Mum


Declan's first bath time :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment